From times immemorial teaching and research have been an indispensable activity and today is becoming increasingly multidisciplinary in nature. With technological advances in every stream world over, cultures are increasingly starting to interact with one another. Also significant social and political changes are currently under way and there is tremendous potential for global teaching and research, free of ideologies, to engage in peaceful activity for the benefit of mankind. Globalisation of media has shown mankind the potential possibilities available with the modern society and has made them desire improvements in their quality of life. Such desires and needs can only be met on a global scale when a new class of academicians and professionals come prepared with multitude of skills, insight, more perspective, better analytical & creative skills and willingness to adapt to new and changing conditions. Such competencies are critical, as we have transcended into the new millennium.
Academicians, students and professionals with cross cultural sensitivity, skills and a broad base of knowledge would be in significant demand in the coming decade. The need would be to empower them with such skills required for teaching and active research so that they would be able to effectively contribute to the growth of new economies. The Center for Emerging Technologies addresses the same by promoting new and advanced technologies.
The “Center for Emerging Technologies” TM established under the aegis of Industry – Institute relationship program is a global hub for promoting new technologies and undertaking Research and Consultancy in various domains of engineering. Towards this a platonic relationship is being built up with a number of companies, organisations and institutions alike wherein the academic community gets to work and be trained on the state-of-the-art technologies addressing industry verticals. A qualified group has been set up to support the center; taking into account that the economies of the coming decade shall be knowledge based driven economies.
Vision : Global Hub for Emerging Technologies
Mission : Pioneering Product Revolution
Charter of CET
- Research, Development and Consultancy
- Setting up of Research Units in different domains
- Transnational cooperation, programs and projects
- Industrial interfacing and interactions
- Development of multidisciplinary technologies
- Organising and conduction of workshops/seminars/conferences
- Development of newer products
- Raising public and industrial awareness as to the importance of specific technology towards a sustainable growth of the industrial Indian society
- Developing strategies, using market studies, SWOT analyses, Life Cycle Analysis, etc., towards a sustainable economic growth using innovative technologies
- Promotion of new materials and technologies
- Offering an integrated, powerful tool to the company of tomorrow, capable of identifying the problem or technological opportunity, select and test suitable solutions and develop new technologies, and guide the client during the implementation of new technologies
- Provide a platform for rural area development through technology up-gradation and
- employment generation
- To act as a nodal center for supporting SME